Parenting Plan Byrd Barnhill

Plant City Adoption Attorney

Call Us Now (813) 759-1224

A stepparent may adopt his or her spouse's child with the current spouse's consent and the consent of the other birth parent. If the child to be adopted is 12 years of age or older, his or her consent must also be obtained. In addition, a relative may adopt a minor child if the necessary consents of the birth parents are obtained.

Plant City Stepparent Adoption Lawyer

If the birth parent agrees in writing to the termination of his or her parental rights, then a stepparent may file a petition to adopt. The procedure is straightforward if the necessary consent is given. Give us a call at (813) 59-1224 for a case evaluation.

Plant City Contested Stepparent Adoption

If the birth parent refuses to give his or her consent and that birth parent has abandoned the child by failing to pay support or undertake any of the normal activities that show an interest in being a parent to the child, then the Court can terminate such a parent's parental rights over his or her objection. The objecting birth parent is entitled to notice of the case and to participate in the case with or without a lawyer. To learn more, call Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill now at (813) 759-1224.

Free Parking
Conveniently located just two blocks from the Plant City Courthouse
206 North Collins Street
Plant City, Florida 33563
Telephone (813) 759-1224
Fax (813) 759-1101


Download Forms Now

If you are planning to come in for a consultation about filing for divorce, please take a look at the forms on this website, specifically the client intake sheet. The information necessary to start the process will be captured if you download and fill out the intake sheet. Also, the financial affidavit is required to be completed. Depending on whether you earn more or less than $50,000 per year, you should download and complete a draft of your financial affidavit. Also, review the other documents, such as the sample marital settlement agreement, so that you can get an idea of the type of decisions that go into a dissolution of marriage proceeding. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions. Click HERE to download forms.