Plant City Child Custody Attorney

Call Us Now (813) 759-1224

Florida Timesharing Law.

Effective October 1, 2008, the Florida Legislature did away with the concepts of 'custody' and 'visitation' and replaced that system with the 'parenting plan' and 'timesharing' to determine the rights and responsibilities of both parents of the minor children in a divorce or paternity situation. Because the law has changed, you will be well advised to retain an experienced family law attorney at Byrd & Barnhill to help you negotiate or litigate the best parenting plan for your children.

Plant City Parenting Plan and Timesharing Lawyer

If you cannot agree on a parenting plan or time sharing arrangement with the other parent of your children, you need the advice and counsel of an experienced divorce attorney who can advise you of your rights. Negotiating a parenting plan, whether contested or uncontested, is a complex area of Florida law and you should always have the help of an experienced and aggressive divorce attorney at every step in the process. That is why you should contact Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill at the first sign that your marriage is not working. Give us a call at (813) 59-1224 for a case evaluation.

Plant City Custody and Visitation Lawyer

If you have been served with divorce papers, it is vital that you immediately consult an experienced, knowledgeable and aggressive Plant City family lawyer to protect your rights and help lead you through the divorce process. Many spouses delay in contacting a divorce lawyer because they are in denial about the breakdown in the marriage or succumb to wishful thinking about reconciliation. It has been said that ‘those who hesitate are lost’ and this is true in a contested dissolution of marriage proceeding. Call Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill now at (813) 759-1224.

Download Forms Now

If you are planning to come in for a consultation about filing for divorce, please take a look at the forms on this website, specifically the client intake sheet. The information necessary to start the process will be captured if you download and fill out the intake sheet. Also, the financial affidavit is required to be completed. Depending on whether you earn more or less than $50,000 per year, you should download and complete a draft of your financial affidavit. Also, review the other documents, such as the sample marital settlement agreement, so that you can get an idea of the type of decisions that go into a dissolution of marriage proceeding. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions. Click HERE to download forms.

Plant City Lawyers

Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill

Johnnie and David have experience in family law, criminal defense, probate and guardianship, auto accident law and business and construction litigation. Read more about Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill.

Personal Attention

You will work directly with the attorney handling your case and your calls and emails will be returned promptly so that you are always informed about the status of your case.

Stacks Image 415

Reasonable Fees

Our commitment is to charge you a fair and reasonable legal fee; however, we cannot quote an exact legal fee until we have evaluated your case. After a consultation by phone or in person, you will know where you stand legally and what it will cost to hire us.


Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill have 50 years combined experience representing clients in Hillsborough, Polk, Pinellas, and Pasco Counties. We help clients resolve matters involving auto accidents, family law, probate, guardianship, DUI, criminal and business law.


As your lawyer, we will be dedicated to helping you find a solution to your legal problems - and above all, to having the peace of mind that your legal issue is being handled by an experienced and knowledgeable attorney at law.

Free Parking
Conveniently located just two blocks from the Plant City Courthouse
206 North Collins Street
Plant City, Florida 33563
Telephone (813) 759-1224
Fax (813) 759-1101