Plant City Domestic Violence Attorney

Call Us Now (813) 759-1224

Law enforcement and the courts take allegations of domestic violence seriously. The aggressive and skilled Plant City domestic violence attorneys at Byrd & Barnhill have in depth experience in defending and prosecuting domestic violence cases. Domestic violence charges can have a substantial influence on the issues in a pending divorce or paternity case. So, it is essential that a party to a domestic violence injunction case have skilled legal counsel. Call Byrd & Barnhill now for a consultation at (813) 759-1224.

There is no filing fee to file a domestic violence case with the office of the clerk of the court. The clerk’s office will assist the petitioner in completing the forms to file the case, and no attorney is required for the filing or defending party. Yet, a party who does not have legal representation will be at a distinct disadvantage at the hearing before the court. That is why it is vital to hire an experienced Plant City domestic violence injunction lawyer like Johnnie Byrd or David Barnhill to represent you at the domestic violence injunction hearing. Call us at (813) 759-1224 right now for a consultation.

Plant City Domestic Violence Injunctions - Important Information

If a domestic violence injunction is issued it will prohibit the person enjoined from coming into contact with the complaining party and will order the enjoined party to turn over all firearms to the Sheriff. The order may also give the complaining party exclusive possession of the parties’ usual residence and even order temporary child custody and support. If the injunction is violated it can mean jail time for criminal domestic violence charges. These are serious cases that need serious legal representation that is provided by Johnnie Byrd and David Barnhill. Call now at (813) 759-1224 for a consultation.

Free Parking
Conveniently located just two blocks from the Plant City Courthouse
206 North Collins Street
Plant City, Florida 33563
Telephone (813) 759-1224
Fax (813) 759-1101


Download Forms Now

If you are planning to come in for a consultation about filing for divorce, please take a look at the forms on this website, specifically the client intake sheet. The information necessary to start the process will be captured if you download and fill out the intake sheet. Also, the financial affidavit is required to be completed. Depending on whether you earn more or less than $50,000 per year, you should download and complete a draft of your financial affidavit. Also, review the other documents, such as the sample marital settlement agreement, so that you can get an idea of the type of decisions that go into a dissolution of marriage proceeding. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions. Click HERE to download forms.