(813) 759-1224

Frequently Asked Questions

Injury Law

Answers to frequently asked questions about injury law are important. You should  know your rights and what to do in case you are injured. So, we have given you some answers to the questions we get most often.

FAQ Auto Accident

What if I am in a car wreck?

Do not be hesitant to have the police call an ambulance if you have been hurt. However, the onset of many injuries from auto accidents can be delayed with symptoms occurring only days or weeks later. If  you are having delayed symptoms, CALL Byrd & Barnhill so assist you in finding a healthcare provider who is experienced in injuries caused by automobile crashes.

What if an insurance adjuster calls me?

You should not discuss the specifics of how the accident happened or the extent of your injuries until you have first contacted an attorney to represent your interests. If you are called by the other driver’s insurance adjuster remember that insurance adjusters are well versed in auto accident law and you very likely need an attorney at law on your side who is equally well versed in Florida no fault insurance law to give you advice on how to handle the insurance adjusters.

What do you charge to help me with a claim?

NOTHING. Take advantage of the free case evaluation from the attorneys at Byrd & Barnhill who represent auto accident victims on a contingent fee basis – which means that there are NO up front fees or costs. You pay nothing to the attorneys unless they obtain a recovery for you. So, there are no fees or cost unless you win.

I am hesitant to call a lawyer?

No. The worst mistake you can make is failing to promptly call an attorney to take your side in this complex area of the law that can make a huge difference in your life going forward. Remember the at-fault party’s insurance company is NOT YOUR FRIEND!

What can I recover in an accident claim?

You are entitled to full and fair compensation in money damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and damage to your automobile. You are also entitled to compensation for future loss of earning capacity, future medical expenses and future pain and suffering. 

What is PIP insurance?

PIP is your part of your insurance policy required by law in Florida and provides $10,000 of medical and disability coverage regardless of who caused the accident.  So, your medical bills and other covered damages (such as lost wages and mileage to see the doctor) up to $10,000 will be paid by your own insurance  PIP also pays mileage and 60% of your lost wages every two weeks upon submission. a policy with a PIP deductible. Your policy most likely covers a certain amount of medical bills regardless of fault. There are some complex rules that will allow you to maximize the use of these overages. So, call us at Byrd & Barnhill for a free evaluation of your case.

Does the at-fault party has insurance?

Florida law requires that the other party provide information regarding their liability insurance coverage. If the at fault has coverage for bodily injury and property damages, their insurance company will provide a defense to your claim and it takes a skilled personal injury attorney to make sure that the proper steps are taken to obtain the compensation to which you are entitled

What is uninsured motorist insurance coverage?

In addition to PIP and MedPay your insurance company must offer you coverage for damages caused by drivers who do not have any liability insurance or who are underinsured. Thus, if you are injured by a driver without insurance or insurance that is too little to pay your damages, you own company will pick up the remainder of your damages up to the maximum amount of coverage you have purchased. issues.

Can I file a lawsuit against the at-fault party?

The attorneys at Byrd & Barnhill will review the facts of your accident and present you with your options.  If you have a valid claim we will present it to the at fault driver’s insurance company. If a settlement cannot be reached we will discuss the option of filing a lawsuit against the at fault parties. If a lawsuit is filed, your case may be referred to an attorney with recent jury trial experience at no additional costs to you.

Our Services

Call for Case Evaluation

Give us a call and we’ll tell you what we can do to help you and what the legal fee will be. 

Hire Byrd & Barnhill

We charge no fees or costs unless we obtain a financial recovery for you. At the time you hire Byrd & Barnhill you will receive a copy of the client’s Bill of Rights that spells out your rights in dealing with a personal injury lawyer. 

Investigate Your Case

We will review all the accident reports and interview the witnesses, if any, including the law enforcement officers involved in your case. We will also request insurance policy information from the at-fault party.If necessary, we may hire a private investigator to do a complete investigation of your case.

Settlement Negotiations

We will use our best efforts to negotiate a a favorable settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. Of course, it is up to you to decide on a settlement in your case.


If necessary, we will refer you case to a lawyer who will try your case.

Get in touch


Contact Us Right Now!

Tell us about your legal issue.

Either Johnnie Byrd or David Barnhill will get right back to you.

If you do not hear from us right away, please call or come by our office.

Contact Us

9 + 13 =

Visit US

206 North Collins Street

Plant City FL 33563

Call Us

(813) 759-1224

Message Us

Start Here

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This